Sunday, March 26, 2017

Becoming A Woman of God



There have been several times in my life where God has shown me who He truly wants me to be. That is a woman of God. I've caught a glimpse of it throughout Young Women's, my mission, Relief Society, etc. One of the best ways to find out what kind of woman He wants me to be is through trials! All of my trials, whether big or small, have led me on the path that my Heavenly Father has made for me. God was shaping me into the person He has always imagined, whether I was aware of it or not.

Ladies! Becoming a woman of God is a life-long process! Sometimes we are impatient with ourselves because we want to meet that goal this very instant! I have plenty of days where I beat myself up and feel that I am not reaching my potential. There are days where I don't always see the progress I desire, so I say, "Why am I even trying? Why are my results not coming!" When I am in this mindset, I soon realize that I just let Satan walk right into my life. I opened the door for him and basically welcomed him in. These thoughts are from him, hands down! Why? Because God wouldn't even think to say those things to His daughters. He would encourage, uplift, inspire, and most importantly, bring peace to our souls.


In a recent Institute class, our focus was on a talk given by Richard G. Scott called, "The Transforming Power of Faith and Character". There was one statement that stood out from all the others. It said, "Righteous character is a precious manifestation of what you are becoming." Heavenly Father spoke to me right after I read that. In order to become the woman He wants me to be, I have to do the things that will bring me closer to Him. I like to go to the basics. When we are praying, reading scriptures, attending church, we can receive some of the deepest revelation Heavenly Father has for us that we could not receive any other way. Personally, I believe that. I'd like to thrown in temple attendance as well. These basic, not easy, things allow us to receive revelation that will bring us one step closer to reaching our potential. How blessed we are to have access to revelation in so many ways! When I am doing the things that will help me progress spiritually, Heavenly Father and I are on the same page. We can rock and roll! I have His back, and He has mine. I am able to see what He has in store for me!

The key is to NOT STOP. We need to keep going! If we stop, so does our progression. I want to emphasize the feeling we receive when we are becoming a woman of God. It is a feeling like no other... well, maybe for me. I receive an overwhelming feeling of JOY. Goosebumps run up and down my body. My heart is full of peace and may just BURST. These feelings are a reminder of how far I have come. They let me know that I am on the right path, going the right direction. Heavenly Father sends me these feelings to show that I am doing my best and He is pleased. That I am not a failure. Most of all, it is a reminder of Heavenly Father's unconditional love for me. Never forget how much He loves us. WE GOT THIS, LADIES!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Becoming A Woman of God

There have been several times in my life where God has shown me who He truly wants me to be. That is a woman of God. I've caught a g...